- There are all over embroidered sherwanis or sherwanis with embroidery done on the neck, front placket and cuffs or only on the chest portion. This depends on individual's choice and taste.
- There are various types of embroideries done on sherwanis like chikankari embroidery, phulkari, jaal work, Kantha, Kashmiri, Kashida embroideries and many more traditional embroideries.
- Resham work, Zari, Zardosi, Dabka, gota patti work are very popular.
- Retro designs like the traditional pretty buti motifs are preferred by many.
- Some go for floral designs, abstract designs, traditional mughal patterns.
- Besides thread embroidery, there are many decorative items that are studded on sherwanis like; stars, beads, moti, gungroo, laces, stones and jewels etc.
- Swaroski crystals, sequins and stone work look classic on a sherwani for men and so on.
Mens Sherwani comes in different styles and designs. Embroidered sherwanis are the most popular and are made by using variety of stitches which can either be done by hand or by machine. What makes the designs more attractive are the combination of colors and threads used. Different threads are used in embroidery like silk, cotton, polyester, metallic threads etc.